As the weather changes and starts to warm up, it’s time to start planning your first backyard party of the year! Check out these 4 simple tips to having an amazing backyard get together without a hitch.
- Food & Drink – The more options you have, the less you need of each; decrease the main course portion sizes by 1 to 2 ounces if served on a buffet. Take the guesswork out of how much food you are going to need with this simple rule of thumb:
- Burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, desserts – 1 ½ servings per guest
- Salads and sides – 1 ½ cups per guest
- Drinks – 1 ½ per hour, per guest
- Backyard Seating – We’ve all been there – more guests than places to sit.
- Recruit your indoor furniture for the day.
- Dining room chairs are the obvious, but stools and poufs can also work.
- Keep it casual by using blankets for a picnic style grouping is a fun option as well.
- Lighting & Warmth – If you plan to keep the party going after the sun goes down, adequate lighting is critical. A firepit or an outdoor fireplace is the perfect way to take the chill out of the air. Both the Gas and the Wood fireplace do a great job warming up those cool summer nights.
- Guest Comfort – The ultimate party crashers – BUGS. It’s best to keep bugs under control by removing any standing water where mosquitos breed the week before the party. Having fans near the food can also help keep the smaller pests away. Music is another great way to create a comfortable atmosphere for your guests but keep it simple with a five-hour playlist.
Try hosting your next backyard party with outdoor furniture so comfortable your guests won’t want to leave! From our locally made Outdoor Sofa with Armless Chairs to our Wicker Outdoor Sectional, Hearthside Fireplaces and More has got all of your backyard party needs covered.